Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My first steps...

Well, here goes! I've never done a blog before. Never really tried to have a constant stream of thought before. Though this may be shocking to some of you who know me as a soft spoken person, at least when it comes to my thought, hopefully this will be worth while and maybe a little fun!

I guess every once in a while I get a little itch to write something. That itch came tonight as I Sat here in the silence of our home, drinking some delicious mint tea and took my shoes off, which I had been wearing since 6o'clock this morning. Listening to the soft, cold wind brush it's way through the trees shared by the sound of our new puppy chewing on her bone. I wondered how it came to be that we are all grown up. Starting our own family in our own home with our own bills and laughter and tears.

I am a firm believer that life moves pretty darn fast and it's in our best interest to stop every now and then and look around or empty your head. Stare off into the distance. Think. Laugh. Wonder. Dream. Count your blessings. Family. Friends. Experiences. I thank God for my best friend whom I can talk to about anything. Anytime. Not doing this on occasion can lead to you losing sight of things that matter. Losing hope. Losing yourself. Losing faith. And losing your inner kid. Because when we stop playing, we start aging.

So here's to YOUR first steps towards living life.

3 comments:

  1. well done, John! I am a bit surprised to see you blogging, but proud of you. I think it will be great! Looking forward to more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeay for husbands that blog. :)I like this post. You always are so good with the written word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wonderful story-teller, and I love seeing your words in writing. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete